Last day of January. Just a few days before the big Super Bowl. While the big contest that concludes the NFL season is fast approaching, we have our own big contest wrapping up this week as well. If you've been by the store, you know what we're talking about - the Lego Building Contest.
For the last few weeks we've had numerous submissions in our contest. This week we expect a late rush of submissions as well. If you're deciding to enter now, you can get a look at your competition by checking out our Facebook page to see those who have submitted so far. (http://www.facebook.com/kaleidoscopetoys)
1) Your Lego project needs to be put on display in the Kaleidoscope Toys window with a name and age card sometime between January 7 - February 4. Obviously, the longer in the window, the more votes you may get from the general public.
2) Friends, family, your postman and anyone else may vote for their favorite creation from each category. Votes will be received via facebook post to the Kaleidoscope Toys wall at www.facebook.com/kaleidoscope toys or in the store. However, only one vote per category per person per day. No stuffing the ballot box!
3) Votes received will help the judges determine the winners but will not be the only determining factor in choosing the winners. Why? Because while we want the excitement that "stumping for votes" will generate for the kids, we don't want this to be a popularity contest. Just because you are related to every one in the county does not make you the winner, though it does make finding a job easier. (Information on how to vote is below)
4) If an 8-year-old child is competing in the 8-year-old category, the child should put their creation together without help from anyone else. (Sorry mom & dad) Hey, we do have an adult category for you. And no fair getting your child to help you either.
5) Creations can be a set built according to directions or creative use of loose bricks to make an original structure.
6) When you bring in your entry, you are giving Kaleidoscope Toys the right to post your image on facebook and other store promotional material.
7) All Lego creations will be released to their creators after the judging has taken place and the winners have been announced.
8) Maximum size of entry is 18" x 18".
9) Employees and relatives of employees are not eligible to participate.
- Ages 3 to 5
- Ages 6 to 9
- Ages 10 to 14
- Ages 15 to adult
There will be a first place, second place and a third place for each of the age groups. First place will win a $25 gift certificate. Second place will win a $20 gift certificate. Third place will win a $15 gift certificate. All other entries will receive an "honorable mention" award and a $5 gift certificate.
Everything else you need to know...
We will taking entries on Saturday, January 7th thru February 4th. Voting will continue through Feb 4th. We will announce the winners on February 5th.
1) Ballots will be available at the store
2) Online at the Kaleidoscope Toys facebook page at www.facebook.com/kaleidoscopetoys. We will post a picture of your entry on our facebook page. A post or a "like" on your entry's picture counts as a vote.
3) Limit one vote per person, per day, per category.
- Votes by email or phone calls will not accepted...Really. (It may also help to "check in" on your facebook account while you're here to remind your friends to vote for your creation.)
- Certainly the votes people receive will be considered, but final judging will be purely arbitrary based on criteria that may vary with the mood of the judges. Remember, it's all in fun, something to keep us all busy with a project in the dead of winter.